Tuesday, September 2, 2008

( Y A W N )

We have been renovating our master bathroom so I have sort of been put out of the house, thus the non-activity of blog updates. The project that originally was supposed to last a week, of course, has stretched out now for 2 and a half...and counting. It is going to look good, though. I can't wait to post before and afters.


Anyway, our Labor Day weekend was spent catching up on housework (fun, huh?), and going to a friends wedding. We are officially boring.

We did have a good time at the Yeagers' wedding, and it was nice to get prettied up and have an "adult night" with a bunch of friends. I particularly enjoyed it because I got to buy a new dress since all the ones I own are now too big for me! Yay! Double yay since I purchased this cute little number at TJ Maxx off the clearance rack! Below is a shot of Leo and me at the reception.

One thing I absolutely loved and thought was a great idea was that they had a photo booth. You took your pictures and then it printed out two strips... you got to keep one and then you glued the other in a book and wrote a message to the bride and groom! Cute! Wish I had thought of it. Anyway, Leo and I hit it up...and then me with Lindsay M. I'm thinking of using a couple of them for my new headshots for upcoming auditions... (please note the sarcasm)
Anywho...on to what you really care about...Beau. Ya'll he is THIS close to crawling. He is on his hands and knees rocking back and forth, however, it usually ends up in a face plant to the carpet. Poor guy. He wants to move so badly. Sometimes he'll pull his knees up underneath him and lunge forward and slide on his face inch worm style. Ouch. I see many carpet burns in his future. He can say "mama" but it usually comes when he is screaming, or disgruntled, or looking at the dog... I don't take any of those circumstances to heart...hehe. He is amazingly dexterous with his pacifier and now can put in his mouth, spin it, hold it and chew on it, turn it around, throw it, etc... I don't know if its on purpose or not but he recently prefers his paci upside down. Its pretty funny. We are still sporting the toothless look, but what we lack in the dental department we are making up for in hair growth...finally!

No comments: