Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wake Up Call

For the past 6 months Beau has been going to bed at 8:30 and waking up at 6:30. No ifs, ands, or buts. He was like clockwork. I have never been (nor is there any hope for the future, I'm afraid) a morning person, but once he started sleeping through the night I gratefully traded the sleepy night feedings/changings for the early morning wake-up call.

Last week Beau spoiled me by sleeping until 8:30 for about three days in a row. After the first time, when I rolled over and looked at the clock, then faster than I have ever moved in my life, ran into his room and checked his breathing; I got really comfy with the new, improved morning routine. I thought to myself all my dues had finally been payed and this was going to be the glorious pay-off. Alas, for the past two or three days my little cherub has been up and bright-eyed at 5 or 5:30. Each early morning I face the seemingly moral dilemma as to whether to go get him up or let him fuss a while and will him back to sleep...either way, though, I'm up. So I've been using his naps as mommy naps too, and that has cut into my "blogging" time. Plus if I don't get a certain amount of sleep I can't string three thoughts together...much less pen a witty post.


To make up for it, I have included two videos for your viewing pleasure. I do hesitate posting these, however, because I have become VERY aware of my "baby" voice. So annoying. I feel bad for Beau having to hear it all day long, and share the same sentiments for you viewing, and listening to these.

The first one shows how Beau has learned to "kiss" (for lack of a better term). It's really just devouring my nose when I say "kiss". A tongue up the nostril is bonus. Sometimes when I'm lying down playing with him he will just grab my face and smother me with "kisses". Love it. I recorded this myself this morning, therefore: I am trying to make sure the camera is on both of us, holding it with my left hand, while trying to balance an active, 20+ pound 7 month old in the other. Also, obviously my glamour squad had not shown up yet. (oh...if only? right?) Yeah, hair and make up and wardrobe...not so good. My apologies.

This video is Beau crawling (or his version, anyway). That's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the videos! You aren't helping my baby clock...

Love ya! Lindsay

Cathleen said...

The nose licking/kiss is so funny... just as long as he learns how to really kiss by he & Lilly's first date. She doesn't like a sloppy wet face! And I'm going to be nice and not tell you that Lilly has always slept for 11-12 hours since she was a month old, typically from 8 to 7. Oops I told ya! :)