Well, in response to the market, our questionable economy, and not to mention crazy gas prices because of Ike, Beau and I spent the last part of the week in the house. We usually make it a point to go somewhere everyday. Target, Old Navy, lunch with friends... they all break up the monotony that can come from being consumed with "mommyhood" that I think a lot of us stay-at-home-moms deal with. But, in an effort to save gas, and a little money we hunkered down and got some quality Mommy/Beau time in. This was especially great, too, because just recently it really hit me how fast he is growing and how much he is changing everyday. I feel like I just woke up one day and here he is "talking" and crawling and exhibiting all the new characteristics of his little personality. I know there will come a time (too soon, I'm afraid) that he won't let me hold him and kiss him. But for now, for NOW, he looks at me and lights up... I truly AM the world to him. There is no one else he would rather be with, no where else he'd rather be. The kind of pure love that this humble blogger not dare attempt to describe. So, while we are in this moment, I am consciously here, memorizing this time, when all Beau wanted in his life was his mom.
So, being newly aware of this precious time we just spent the week playing, napping, and just BEING. And so what if we didn't get out of our PJs one day? (The following pictures will prove it...) I know if Beau could talk he would say he didn't mind one bit.






3 comments:
Well hello there (of course I remember you...)! I've just been browsing through your old posts and I'm not sure what I love more...the pictures of your adorable son or your witty observations on life and motherhood. Great blog! I love "catching up" like this...
this post is so sweet sister!!! thank you for sharing it! i love you and miss you!
you're right... they are growing up so fast. even these new pictures of beau, he looks like such a big boy! don't you just love being a mommy? :)
Post a Comment