Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Today was my first taste of single motherhood. Wow. I'm. So. Tired. Leo left today for his first out-of-town work assignment since we have had Beau. Palm Beach no less. Just thinking of him in the same zip code as the ocean while I'm stuck here in sticky Austell...well...it makes me jealous, ok? Judge if you must. Plus I'm trying to keep my sanity and the house all at the same time...it's quite a feat. Now, I love my son more than anything in the world but it IS nice to at least have the option to hand him off for a few minutes so I can do something selfish, like, I don't know... pee. And today was just day one. We have to make it thru Friday. If I remember to feed and poop the baby, the dog, and myself all in the same day I will consider it a success. I will keep you updated.

I miss you and love you Leo! I know you are going to sign on to look at pictures of Beau while you are gone. (Sometimes in the mornings when Leo is leaving for work and I am feeding Beau he'll come in and kiss Beau and say "Goodbye Son, I love you very much and I'll miss you today" and then walk out the door without so much as farting in my direction. I have to yell after him "I love you too husband". And he's all " I told you goodbye didn't I" and I'm all "Um. NO.") But he does make up for it by leaving me a turkey sandwich in the Frigidaire every day...GASP...no turkey sandwiches this week... Someone may want to call the house to make sure I've eaten...

These are cute pictures for Leo (and you) to look at...

I added this one (above) because Leo was trying to argue with me about Beau's hair color. He thinks it is brown and I keep insisting that it is red. Compared to Leo's RED hair doesn't Beau's look the EXACT same color?

No comments: