Wednesday, June 11, 2008

BABY CRAP...and not the kind of crap you are used to reading about in this blog!

Beau helping to update his blog and answering fan emails. Or really just pressing all the buttons on the keyboard.

I know, I know. Save your lectures. I have been slack. Sorry. Since I get to go to LAFitness every-other night it limits my "blogging" time. But it has been paying off. Today I officially can fit in all my pre-baby jeans. Now, wearing them in public is another story... I said I fit IN them, not I looked amazing in them. More like a sausage link in casing...but hey, they zip and button.
Meanwhile...
Last Saturday Leo and I and Beau went on a little excursion to Babies R Us. I feel I should let you know that before I got pregnant I detested baby toys and playthings...hell, if we are being completely honest, even babies. I swore up and down if I ever had children MY house would not be overrun with all that crap. Well, today I am eating my words. I stand before you a converted woman. (about the junk AND the babies...hehe) Thank heavens for that crap. The combination of me being desperate to entertain my son everyday and Leo feeling guilty for being out-of-town was deadly on the wallet. We left there with enough toys and crap to open a frickin' daycare. A legitimate one too... not one of those at someone's house that they painted purple and hot glue-gunned Elmo to their front door. Those scare me.

Among the loot was a couple Baby Einstein DVDs. I mean, I want my baby to be entertained AND smart...it seemed like a no-brainer. Let me tell you Disney just bent me over and spanked me hard. And while my pants were down took the $20 in my back pocket. They are basically just video of toys. Yes, it is to classical music, but someone set up the tripod and filmed the train set in Grandpa's basement. Homemade hand puppets that don't even do anything... I mean, I could have made this EASY. Only one thing...I didn't. Damn. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be so critical of a DVD that is made for 3-6 month olds...
One thing we did love was the Baby Einstein jumperoo. (Yeah, we are suckers for the Baby Einstein brand...)Beau loved it too...once he got used to it. This picture is before he was comfy with it... he wouldn't put his feet down. Toes curled tight, as usual. Then he got the hang of it. We have to stuff towels in around him because he is still a teeny bit small for it. Yes, I know, he's naked again.


My house looks like a Chuck E. Cheese, but my baby is happy. Happy baby=happy mommy.

Just thought I'd throw in a few more cute pictures...

He's getting so big...and getting a big personality.

It's a hard life. I know. Don't you just want to squeeze those leg rolls. More than that, don't you wish people looked at your rolls and wanted to squeeze them instead of trigger their gag reflex? Yeah. Me too.

We go to the doctor on Friday for check-up. I can't wait for the official weigh-in. Be sure and check back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you finally got on of those things.. Can't wait to see you tomorrow !love you!