Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Mother's Day Tribute

Me, B, and Lori at my bridesmaid luncheon.
B and my dad dancing at my wedding reception
B and Gramps

For those of you who don't know yet, my grandmother "B" died last night after a short but hard fight against stomach cancer. We appreciate all the prayers, and I ask you keep my family, especially my dad, my Uncle Gary and my grandfather "Gramps" in your thoughts. B was a fantastic lady, steadfast Republican and an amazing mother, grandmother, and for the few short months, great-grandmother. I will always remember her telling us jokes and messing up the punch-line...all...the...time. Her sense of humor and wit were unmatched. We grand kids were constantly "in" or "out of the will" depending on the day. Beau will have no memory of B, so it will be my task to make her real for him. I wish that they had more time together. He is, after all, named for her and the rest of the amazing Clayton family.


So, on this eve of my first Mother's Day I am forced to recognize and appreciate how precious life is. Every emotion and experience I have now is multiplied exponentially since I have become a mother. I have never loved so intensely or ached so deeply. Breathe in everyday and realize what a gift it is. Tell the people you love that you love them.


"Therefore, we are not discouraged; rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. Look not to what is seen but to what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18


I love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day.




No comments: