Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Little Behind...


So sorry. I'm a bit behind. Beau got a nasty cold that lasted for about ten days. It was so sad. Who knew that much snot could come from such a small nose? Poor guy sounded like Bea Arthur for a few days he was so congested. And remember when I told you that I thought I was going to get sick next?...Well, Mama's always right. And I went down HARD. Ears, nose, throat, head...everything was swollen, aching, stuffy, pounding and runny. Thank you to my mom for coming and helping me with Beau during the day the past couple of days. What a lifesaver.

Well, since my last post, Beau had his nine month anniversary of life outside the womb. Since the last update we have had to install the world's largest, world's ugliest baby gate that closes off the opening from our living room and kitchen. One of Beau's favorite things to do is hold on to it and jump up and down and shriek and laugh. That, and let the dog give him open mouth kisses when I'm not looking. Gross.

He is talking all the time in his own little language. His favorite things to say are "mamamama", "dadadada" and "babababa". In addition to talking, Beau enjoys squealing at the top of his lungs when we are in public places like Target and places like, oh, say, church. Also his fun new game is throwing things on the ground over and over over again. So fun. Really.

Beau is so curious and is getting into everything. You should see my house. My furniture is all arranged to block bookshelves and openings. All my sofa cushions are on the fireplace hearth. The blinds are all pulled up with the strings and curtains tied up so little hands can't reach them. Not to mention the afore described baby gate. Looks like I'm in the market for a couple more of those suckers since yesterday Beau started climbing the stairs. The girl inside me that loves my cute house has been smothered by the mom that doesn't want to go to the ER.


The big accomplishment of this month is that we are now standing all by ourselves. (Yes, Leo and I are too.) Beau is getting to where he can stand without holding onto anything for a good amount of time. He is getting better and better cruising on the furniture too. I think we are going to have a walker here before Christmas.

These are a couple of Beau in one of his favorite spots. Looking out the dining room window.

3 comments:

Cathleen said...

How cute is Beau's butt?! Totally LOLed when I read the title and then the pic popped up. :) By the way, supposedly the throwing phase is how they learn to "let go" of things, until they develop a nicer way of placing things down. But Lilly got her first time out last week for throwing fruit (actually, it was for not saying "sorry" after she threw the fruit); so who knows. Hope you're having a good week!

awalton said...

i'm so sorry you and beau have been sick... isn't it the worst? especially for 10 days... yikes! poor little guy and poor mommy. does he have any teeth yet? that's how hannah's started, it was teething that turned into a cold and ear infection. well, i hope ya'll have a great rest of the week and let's cross our fingers for no more sick babies! :)

Unknown said...

Hi sister. I just wanted to let you know that it looks like Beau is getting ready to sing an Aria in that second to last picture... haha.. Leo's gonna LOVE that!! LOVE YOU! have fun in Miami!