Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in the birth story. I seriously have been working on it. Here's my problem. And this is gross and embarrassing but since we are so close, I feel I can share... A couple days ago I broke out in a huge itchy rash on my belly. OK. Fine. Pulled up trusty WebMD, performed self-diagnosis, and started slathering on the Cortisone. Well, yesterday it started to spread. All. Over. My. Body. And did I mention how itchy it is? In between my fingers, in my armpits, behind my ears...what a nightmare. So Leo finally calls my OBGYN office for me and I talk to the doctor... Turns out she thinks I'm having an allergic reaction to my pain medication prescribed for my C-Section.  She then proceeds to instruct me to STOP TAKING SAID MEDICATION EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A HUGE OPEN WOUND ON MY ABDOMEN THROUGH WHICH AN EIGHT AND A HALF POUND BABY WAS PULLED OUT. Ok. No problem. Stop taking pain medication, and treat the allergic reaction with Benadryl.  So, I am already sleep deprived...hello, I have a 10 day old, and now I'm drugged on Benadryl. Let's all say it together: ZOMBIE. I still itch, by the way. And I'm hobbling around like a geriatric when 5 days ago I was practically swinging from the chandeliers.

I'm in a bad mood.

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

Hey Heather congrats on your new little bundle! I'm off facebook until easter but just wanted to tell you I'm thinking of you. Glad you had another little boy so Lilly can have her pick. :)