Happy 2010! This is what it has felt like here in Atlanta for most of the month. But luckily we all survived the "Great Blizzard"...1/4 of an inch of snow/ice that literally shut down the city for a couple days. Seriously, schools were closing before the first snowflake even fell. Gotta love the south! We ain't used to such conditions!
Sooo... I hope everyone is enjoying their new underpants they asked for from Santa. Way to start a new decade! And you're welcome.
Mkay, clearly I'm a bit behind. A lot has gone on this past month and a half. I'm going to give you the brief run down. First of all, Beau has been moved to his "big boy room". (Don't forget to say it they way I taught you.) I will give you all the gory details in a post following this one, as there are many details to share. It was long, and hard fought battle by both sides. Final score: Mom- 1, big boy bed- 0. Insert evil laugh here.
My baby boy is turning two in less than a month. I had to type it for it to really sink in. Oh yeah, and not to mention that for his second birthday he's getting a little brother. Craziness is about to take residence in the Furlong house...even more than usual.
On to the holiday recap, shall we? Geez, I feel like the winners in my neighborhood who still have Christmas decorations up. Newsflash: It doesn't matter if you don't plug in your light up candy canes on your porch... I can still see them. And what was cute and festive a month ago is doing nothing but screaming I'M LAZY! now. It's time to pack it up.
Here is our Christmas card from this year. There was no way I was going to be in any picture, fearing people might mistake me for the holiday ham, so, I decided on Beau's Santa picture. It makes me laugh because he was so unsure of what he thought about Mr. Claus. This is the best picture we got...the others Santa is getting the stink eye from my precious angel.
Mooooving on....So, my mommy turned *cough* sixty *cough cough* on December 14th. I had everyone over for brunch that Sunday. For some reason I have just had the itch to cook and entertain these past few months. My first big ta-da being Thanksgiving, I conquered all the traditional Turkey Day fixin's. Anyway, I made what I considered to be a pretty impressive brunch spread (if I do say so myself, and I do) with the piece de resistance being this bad ass cake. (If you so much as ask me what those things are on top I will reach this screen and scratch your eyeballs with my crazy growing pregnancy fingernails. CLEARLY they are pinecones. Pinecones made out of almond slivers. That had to be arranged one by one. Painstakingly. No? Well try squinting a little. It helps.)
I did get these few on Christmas morning after Santa came.
My favorite thing I got from Santa? A cleaning service. (My Kitchen Aid mixer a close second). Sooooo nice of Santa. Seriously, the combination of my OCD, my hormones, and my nesting instincts are driving us all insane. Things can not be organized enough or cleaned too many times. It's so nice not to have to worry about the major things like baseboards, blinds and toilets. I'm going to write a post to fill you guys in on what I have done to this house since Thanksgiving. Not one item escaped a Clorox wipe and a labeled tupperware box. From the attic to the garage. I'm not kidding. Just wait.
Now if I could just hire someone to keep my blog updated...


3 comments:
Ugh... so does this mean i have to update mine?! thanks... :)
YAY!!!!
Could you please ask Santa if the only way to get a cleaning service is to have another baby? I have perfectly good kidney I would be willing to give up.
Post a Comment