Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, I DID Say I Wanted to Live on an Island

Please notice the street signs barely peeking out from the water.





This is what Leo ran into on his way home the night of the floods. And this just happens to be the road we live off of. Yes, there is a road under all that water. A four lane highway, as a matter of fact. Our neighborhood and house are fine. Traffic is INSANE around here because two of the main roads (um, I20 and Highway 78) are both STILL shut down today. But the sun is shining now and GLEE comes on tonight. It's a good day.


2 comments:

awalton said...

oh my goodness! i was thinking about you when they showed 6 Flags under water!! i'm guessing ya'lls house is ok since you didn't mention it in the blog. glad ya'll are safe. enjoy Glee tonight! :)

Jaime said...

Not that I am hoping your house was washed away-BUT if it was...you know what that would mean?