Ladies and Gentlemen...
Drum roll please...
We have a walker!
Now, don't get me wrong. We have been in the PROCESS of walking for a couple months now. Beau would cruise along the sofa, stop and r e a c h for the ottoman to hang on to. Just recently he started trying to take a few steps on his own by letting go, lifting a foot or two, losing his balance, and falling down. Then it got to where he got really good with his left foot, but still was a bit uneasy with his right foot, for some reason. This resulted in somewhat of a pivot circle. Poor thing. Didn't go anywhere. Just 'round and 'round.
But last night! Last night Leo and I were both on the floor playing with Beau. He stood up, zeroed in on his play table across the room, and went for it. One step after the other. All the way across the floor. Leo and I were just sitting there with our jaws hanging open. I wish I had a video. It truly was one of those moments that I hope stays ingrained in my memory forever.
I took this video today. Its the best walking footage that I could get. But I love it when he gets to the remote control on the floor, he realizes he needs stop for a minute, regroup, and keeps right on going. Clutching Baby the entire time.
2 comments:
i am not happy about having to hear about my nephew walking through a blog.. : ) I love you. Maybe next week I can come out there on Tuesday or Wednesday and spend time with you guys.
Post a Comment