Thursday, January 15, 2009

31 days and counting...










One month shy of a year. Geez.

Just for your information, I am in full planning mode for the biggest, baddest, one year old party ever. No more details, it is highly classified information.

Anywho, here is the 11 month run-down for my little cherub angel baby boy:

First of all, we are walking everywhere! This boy is walking fool. Once he figured out how to put one foot in front of the other there was no looking back. Lord, can we please hold off a little bit on the climbing and running...Thanks.

Up-to-date tooth count: 1/4 of one tooth. Seriously? How long does it take for a tooth to come through? This guy has been dragging out his grand entrance for over two weeks now. And making everyone in the house cranky.

Beau can say "mama", "dada", "yay", and "yum yum" at the appropriate times. Everything else is in a language I call "Beau-nese". Although if anyone ever asks him to say "mama" he promptly retorts with a firm "dada". Ungrateful little...um, I mean...isn't that so cute?

He is beginning to show that he is understanding some of the things we say. For example we will be playing on the floor and I'll say, "Beau, where is your ball?" and he will go get his ball. However, for some reason I think Beau mistakes the work "no" with "go ahead and do that, and turn around and laugh at your mother, she thinks this is a fun game". Yeah, we're working on that.

Beau has always been a great eater....UNTIL NOW. Ugh. I know this is something a lot of parents and toddlers go through, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Things he will eat one day, he won't another. If he is in the mood for a particular something, he gets mad when you don't deliver (which is pretty tough when they can't tell you what they want!). I mean, am I supposed to let the child live off of Goldfish for the next year? There are many high-chair melt downs, and Beau gets upset too.

Which brings me to my next point... the tantrums. Granted, they are few and far between, but VERY dramatic. The "how dare you don't let me play with that phone, I'm going to throw myself onto the floor in a weeping mess because my life is over" tantrum. I'm so proud, and currently on speakerphone with his agent. Just kidding people! I'm not going to be a crazy stage mom...not counting the photo I submitted to Regis and Kelly's cutest baby search.

Even though things are starting to get a little more challenging since Beau has discovered his free will, his tastes, and well, his voice...I love that baby boy more and more everyday. He fills my heart with joy and makes me laugh like no one else can. And even though I got a little misty watching old videos of when he was a rolly polly baby, I can't help but be excited for what this next year has in store for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.