- He can feed himself finger foods.
- He drinks apple juice from a sippy cup.
- He finally figured out crawling on his hands and knees...and then the next day he pulled himself up. A skill he likes to practice especially in his crib during nap time. The thing is, he hasn't learned to get himself down yet, so he stands there and whimpers until I rescue him. 10 minutes later... we go through the motions again.
- Nope, STILL no teeth.
- Beau has developed a couple new fears. Beau used to love anyone and everyone...now, I don't know how he decides, but there are just some people that terrify him. There is no rhyme or reason, either. He was just as terrified as the big, tattooed,scruffy guy redoing our bathroom as he was the nice sales lady at Pearl Vison. On the same note, me getting in the shower equates in his little head as me stepping into the gas chamber. He screams bloody murder now. I try to take my shower now during nap time. And don't try and vacuum with Beau nearby. It scares the crap out of him.
- Besides developing new fears, at the same time, Beau has become fearless of other things. Like trying to jump off the chair. The sofa. Out of my arms. Everything, really. I see many trips to the ER in my future with my little dare-devil.
- He waves "bye-bye"...on a good day.
- We are working on saying words. I swear one time when I was trying to get him to say "book" he really said it. Otherwise is just "ga...boo...baba..aaahhh".
- Beau has become extremely opinionated. He absolutely hates putting on long sleeve shirts, for example. Not to mention his new aversion of green beans. How dare I put that in his mouth!
Beau demonstrating his drinking skills.


Checking on Beau during nap time. This is what I found. Beau standing...not sleeping, but standing.

*************************************
Random side post! I took these today and couldn't wait to put them up, so I'm shoving them onto his birthday post. BONUS! It was such a beautiful fall day today I took Beau to the playground. We both wore ourselves out, but had the best time!



1 comment:
Yay! Happy 8 months Beau! and I love the playground pictures, so cute!
Post a Comment