

When I told Leo I was tired when we pulled into our driveway after a 9 hour drive with a (almost) six month old and a driver who weaves more than all the factories in China, he rolled his eyes and was all "Not like you've been driving since 3 am". And I was all "not like you packed everyone's crap up, loaded the car, STILL hopped up at 2:45am, fed, entertained and changed a baby, AND successfully held YOUR bladder." HA.
Yes, we did make both trips there and back at 3 in the morning. We figured the longer amount of time Beau could spend asleep, the better. And for the most part it worked out really well. We had a super week. Again, thank you Leo and Pat! I took so many pictures that I'm going to have to break this post up... These are mostly of Beau enjoying the beach. We spent one day with the Furlongs of south Florida so those pics will soon follow!
Vero Beach is so beautiful, and there was hardly anyone there! (Notice how you don't see anyone else in the picutres! It was crazy!) It was wonderful and Beau loved both the beach and the pool...and we spent a lot of time at both. Everyone we saw stopped to talk to Beau because he was his usual charming self. Leo and I joked that when we used to travel by ourselves people would never just start talking to us, but hold a cute baby and you become the most approachable people in the world. Beau spent a lot of time making new friends. Mom spent a lot of time on her tan.
I love the shark on his tush.




This was our private deck. The pool and bar were right down those stairs...and look at that view! This and the next few pictures are at sunrise. One of the things you get to enjoy when you have a six month old. 
I was standing on our deck for both of these pictures. 









I was trying to take a picture of Leo's facial hair because it is actually copper when the sun hits it. I couldn't capture the color, but I love the reflection in his glasses...
No comments:
Post a Comment