Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just To Let You Know...

I have some time to blog because my babies are both asleep. I know, I know...hold your applause. My boys are on the same nap schedule. And I'm talking 3 hours all to myself. Peace and quiet. No whining. No crying. No poop. Nada. It took 3 months to work it out...but the reward is so fantastic. *insert evil laugh here*

Anyway, I took Beau to get his hair cut today. He was starting to get a little Justin Beiber-ific on me. Little did the hair cut place know what was about to hit them. I googled "kids hair cut" and a place called "Pigtails and Crewcuts" came up. If anyone has kids, take them here for their hair cuts. They were awesome. I was not so awesome. My son hates getting his hair cut. I had been doing it, but he's gotten so difficult I decided to pay someone else to deal with it. And we got our money's worth. Beau screamed the EN TI RE time. The sweet lady put on "Thomas" for him to watch, let him hold choo choos and dinosaurs, gave him a lollipop, and he just boo hoo-ed. I was holding his hand with one hand, wiping his face of tears, snot and drool with the other, standing on one foot, rocking Wade in the car seat with the other, trying to keep from bursting into tears myself. But like I said, they were so nice to both me and Beau... and here's the kicker...after I paid and we were ready to go, Beau started screaming because he didn't want to LEAVE. I had to literally pry the stinking choo choos from his sticky little hands and carry him out with one arm and Wade in his car seat with the other. See, moms get super-human strength when needed on occasions of this nature. Like pushing those gawd awful car shopping carts that weigh a ton and whose wheels never want to go in the direction you are headed.

When you see my son in a few months and he's mistaken for a missing Hanson brother circa 1998... you'll know why.

Aaaaaaaaaand yet another way my son keeps me humble...

This is Beau's "Disney Heroes" coloring book.
Yesterday we were coloring in it and he turned to the cover and exclaims, "MAMA DADA!". I was Peter Pan and Leo was Hercules. A fine couple, don't you think? But, I didn't feel so bad when he pointed to Robin Hood and said "cow".


And finally, to further fuel Beau's train obsession, we went to Stone Mountain last Saturday to ride one. I'm not sure he ever really realized he was ON the choo choo, but he enjoyed seeing it up close.




1 comment:

awalton said...

3 hours, really?! i'm so jealous. and you forgot to post a picture of the handsome little boy's haircut. :)