Friday, December 4, 2009

Seasons Greetings.

Yes, it's me...aaaand yes it is 4:30 in the morning. I made the utterly rediculous decision of drinking some orange juice (high pulp, calcium added, Pat...hehe) after 4 o'clock pm yesterday. Worst. Reflux. Ever. But, my digestive issues are your good fortune. Yes, we'll go with that.

I do want to apologize (again) for the blog neglect. But, you DO know it'ts that crazy time of year and I have been spending my time doing such productive things as:

Putting my Christmas decor up.

**crickets chirrping**

Oops.
No.
That's a lie.

Oh, it's definitely pulled down from the attic and sitting on my dining room table in all it's holiday glory. I normally LIVE for decorating my house for the holidays, but feel more like the Grinch this year. Let's just skip all the who-hash. My tree has been assembled for a week now without a stitch of decoration on it. Not a light, nay an ornament. And since I'm married to Scrooge in the flesh, it's just gonna stay naked until I somehow muster up some motivation. I did manage to throw away the pumpkin that has been gracing our doorstep for, oh, I don't know, TWO whole months. That's a start, right?

... So I've been doing my Christmas shopping.

Wait. Nope. Another fib. First of all, I hardly have the brain power to even wrap my head around the concept of gifts this year. The mere thought of going out amongst the crowds of sicklies and greedies makes my head explode. AND since I can barely fit in my car, all gifts are coming from a 1.2 mile radius of my house. Which limits choices to the Shell Gas Station, Big Lots, and, since the Huddle House closed, a Carribean Restaurant. 'Dats jerk wings for everyone, mon!

...But I've definitely been getting ready for baby.

Dammit. Can't get one by you guys. Let's just say...this baby better not decide to come a day earlier than planned. We are nowhere near where I had planned to be at this point. Since we are moving Beau to a "big boy room" (I feel like I have to say that in a high pitch voice and enthusiastic expression, even when talking to adults. It's awesome.) I had wanted to get him in there by Thanksgiving to get used to it. Ok, so it's been postponed to Christmas...New Years...Groundhog day?

Ok, the real reason is I'm feeling great and am always busy working out and volunteering in the community like a cow. A bipolar, sleep deprived, cow. When my mood swings are under control, my gas isn't. When I go an hour without peeing my pants, my back is killing me. I just don't want to bring everyone down with all my moaning, I mean, that's what I have a husband for.

Bah humbug.

4 comments:

awalton said...

ha! i feel your pain... :) i mean do people even shop after having kids?! and let's not even think about it with 2. we're doing the big girl bed over Christmas too and my tree and decorations are not even out of the attic yet! oh goodness, we are pretty pitiful, huh? :) let's get the little ones together over Christmas! oh yea, and at least your gas doesn't slip out in front of a room full of 6th graders... yea, that's fun. :)

Cathleen said...

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you! Good luck with Beau and the big boy bed - how is that going? We did the mattress on the floor for a month and then switched up to a bed with a rail. Princess bedding really helped, with a Zac Efron pillow- but hopefully Beau is into something else! Another wonderful thing for us was a gate on her door so that even though she can get out of her bed easily, she can't walk downstairs for a midnight snack. :) And just so you know, our tree is up (fake with the prelit lights) and has 4 ornaments on it. We started and then got lazy. Hope the rest of your December is relatively laid back!

Jaime said...

you forgot AJ Wright

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much