Well, no...getting there was anything but relaxing. Have I mentioned I hate flying? Well, I do. HATE. IT. Oh, and my suitcase wheels decided to break so I'm literally dragging/carrying my 30 pound luggage through Hartsfield-Jackson. We check our bags (for an additional cost of $20 one way...thanks Delta!) and somehow I get through security without having to endure a full cavity search. We finally board the plane and I'm looking at my seat assignment... I know we are not sitting together and have come to peace with that until... I see Lisa take her window seat next to a super cute young couple. Katie takes her seat directly behind my seat next to a nice middle aged woman and a cutie pie soldier decked out in fatigues. I am window seat...next to a rather... large couple... I literally climb over them Cirque du Soleil style to reach my seat, or what part of it wasn't already being used..and take a deep breath. My nose filling with the aroma of sweat, cigarettes, and tee tee. For the next three and a half hours I sit huddled to the window, trying to avoid physical contact, watching movies on my iPod, and willing my bladder not to explode. Since the laws of physics prevented me from lowering my armrest, a few times the lady's shockingly long arm hair brushed me and I gagged a little. I hear Lisa laughing it up with her new friends...and when I think I can't take it anymore...we hit turbulence.
Anyway, I lived and we got there. Then the vacation really started. Just look at this view driving from the airport to our resort!
It was so beautiful and totally lived up to its five diamond rating. When we were checking in, the nice girl from behind the desk says, "Oh, I have a letter waiting for Lisa Williams." Katie and I look at Lisa crazy-like and none of us could imagine what it could be. The desk girl comes back with a thick fancy envelope and we make Lisa open it right there. Turns out Lisa's brother and sister called ahead and purchased a fat, and I mean fat, gift card for her to pamper herself with. It was the sweetest thing ever. We basically lived off that gift card all weekend, thanks to Lisa's kind heart... it was amazing.
The pool where sat each day, ordering food and drinks. It was heaven.
One of the pools had water slides (um...for the kids...) and I swear we had the most fun going down those stupid things.
Ok, so the first morning we are there (Saturday), we are all up at 6 o'clock because of the time change. We happily discover a Chick-Fil-A and go in for a yummy breakfast where we discover this....Here are Katie and Lisa ALL ALONE ordering at Chick-Fil-A on a Saturday morning. We sat and ate and killed two hours there...never did it get more than one other person in there. Oh yeah, we went back Monday morning and it was the same scene. It was like the twilight zone or something...

Then we went to Wal-Mart to stock up on a few necessities. Water, Diet Coke, Red Bull, and Chardonnay.

Fashion Police! Miley Cyrus's new line at Wal-Mart features non other than STIRRUP PANTS! The redneck cousin of the can-only-be-pulled-off-if-done-right-by-the-right-person legging. NO Miley!
One night Katie's great uncle Bill invited us over for a yummy home cooked meal. It was amazing. Bill is an avid golfer and chef. And in his eighties-made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt.
Really all I did on this trip was bob in the pool, shovel things in my mouth, belt showtunes in the bathroom, and laugh with two of the greatest gals I know. We even got to sit together on the flight home.
Then we went to Wal-Mart to stock up on a few necessities. Water, Diet Coke, Red Bull, and Chardonnay.
Fashion Police! Miley Cyrus's new line at Wal-Mart features non other than STIRRUP PANTS! The redneck cousin of the can-only-be-pulled-off-if-done-right-by-the-right-person legging. NO Miley!
Really all I did on this trip was bob in the pool, shovel things in my mouth, belt showtunes in the bathroom, and laugh with two of the greatest gals I know. We even got to sit together on the flight home.I want to thank Leo for graciously letting me go and get pampered while pulling daddy duty at home. In the past 12 days Leo and I have been in the same place at the same time for approximately 4 hours (being 12am to 4am). The night I got home he had to get up and leave again for Dallas. And I miss him. There. I said it.
I promise I have a post about Beau for tomorrow.
3 comments:
I LOVE Scottsdale! Its so pretty!!
And please dont make fun of Miley...her fashion line is legit...I mean lets be honest its called Maxazria...just like BCBG okay??
what a fun trip! was this the first time you've been away from Beau? I bet Leo had a great Daddy-son bonding time. :)
Can you imagine the sweat that leggings would produce in Arizona? I mean BUCKETS. I'm glad you had a great time, it really is a beautiful place
Post a Comment