Wednesday, August 19, 2009

18 months going on 18

Oral hygiene is very important. Even if you do only have six teeth still.









Beau turned 18 months while I was relaxing in Arizona with my girlfriends this past weekend. However, I was still the lucky one to get to take him to his 18 month check up bright and early Tuesday morning.

We weighed in at 25 pounds and at 31.5 inches tall. Growing along just fine! I did bring up some concerns I had about him talking...or the lack of, I guess. I am beginning to get frustrated because he does not even try to say real words. The only thing he says consistently is "hi". He can say "momma" and "dada", but he never uses it to address us or call out to us. Our doctor said we will wait and see until he turns two to see how his speech is developing since he does babble and follow commands. For example I can ask him to bring me his truck or point out his nose and he can do it. He just won't attempt anything verbally.

Where we lack in speech skills, we make up for in appetite and physical domination. Beau really is a great eater and only occasionally we have problems during mealtime. And he his climbing like crazy. The other night I was making dinner and looked up and Beau was standing on the buffet table in the dining room.


If I had to pick his favorite things to do right now they would include; coloring, swinging, taking off his clothes, and going to the pool.


He is really going to make a great big brother...


OOPS! Did that slip? ... Yeah. It's true. 14 weeks. They will be exactly 2 years apart. Please pray for my sanity.


4 comments:

awalton said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! We need to get together and talk about this soon! :) Hope you're feeling well!

Cathleen said...

Are you kidding?!!! Congrats!!! I am looking forward to the next couple years of blogging from you, this juggling two kids thing will be wonderful to read about. :)

Don't worry about the speech, it'll come. We loved sign language as a bridge to spoken speech too - Kindermusik has a great sing & sign class for kids 0-5, and Baby Signing Time videos are wonderful - they also encourage early sight reading. :)

Brittany said...

Congratulations! That is great!! Hope you are feeling well so far!

Luke and Cade didn't really start talking until they were 2. They were only saying a few words before that and I was really worried. It seemed like after they turned 2, they all of a sudden woke up talking in sentences! Beau will catch on!

Mandy/Amanda & Doug said...

Love you darling and I have never been happier for you.