Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Letter

Dear Daddy,

I just wanted to let you know that while you are in Tulsa, Mommy and I miss you very much. It has now been two entire days since you have been gone, and I think we have been coping pretty well. Sure, the dog and I have really been testing Mom...but she has only had a couple melt downs, which is pretty good for her, I think.

I mean, sure, for the past two mornings I have somehow majorly out-peed my diaper for the first time in MONTHS, but what can you do? You should see Mommy changing the crib sheets. Comical. She is sooo short and that mattress is sooo heavy. *sigh* Its times like these you should be glad I don't speak English. By the way, dad, I have decided that I am no longer going to eat my food, but I thought it would be much more beneficial if I just throw it everywhere. Mkay? Great. Yeah, even the foods last week I was gobbling up. I want nothing unless it comes straight from YOUR plate. Oh, and I don't' know if mom told you or not, but DON'T leave my sight. I'll scream. Nonstop. Don't even think about the bathroom. Don't.

Oh yeah, and did I mention yesterday morning the dog surprised mom with a turdlet in his bed. Yeah, she just picked up his blanket and it came rolling out. I don't think she was too happy about that, either. In fact, I think she was almost as mad at that as she was when we got home from voting today and Baxter had eaten and entire sleeve of Ritz crackers that mom had left on the counter after my snack.

And just because all the bugs decided to infest the house THESE couple of days, and mom hates bugs, that hasn't got her rattled at all. She is killing each one bravely, because let's face it, I can't.

No, Mom is handling things here like a champ. She only had a mild fit today when we were at Target and she couldn't find a lip gloss that doesn't have glitter in it. I mean, what grown woman shouldn't want their lips to look like a preschool art project? We also spent WAY to much time in the Christmas card aisle, but don't worry...I sure let her know. Oh, and we are down a paci because I chucked it somewhere between the baby food and the registers.

Well, I'm going to go to bed now. Mom is downstairs putting up the rest of the Christmas decorations drinking wine and singing carols all by herself (Ok, with Bill O'Reilly in the background). She sure misses you. And I do too.

Have a safe trip home.
We love you.

Beau

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars thats the cutest thing ever.

Love ya!
Lindsay

Katie said...

I am printing babay shower invitations while I read this and messed up 4 because I was laughing so hard. Now I have to go buy more because I only had one extra. But that's OK, it was well worth the laugh.

Jaime said...

I have no idea how I didnt know you had a blog, but Brittany told me about it this week. It is absolutely hysterical and heartwarming! I am so happy you guys are doing so well!

Jaime