Saturday, July 5, 2008

M O N T R E A T

We just got home yesterday and Leo was off to Seattle this evening...so I am exhausted. My day consisted of unloading all the crap I took (which was WAY too much), putting it away, washing clothes, and getting Beau readjusted. On top of that Beau is cutting teeth... Why does it seem I'm more stressed after my vacation than before? Aren't you supposed to come home refreshed and relaxed?

Anyway, had a great time in Montreat. The first time I went I was about six months old, so it was special for me to take Beau at about that same age. We went shopping in Black Mountain, went on lots and lots of walks, made our first trip to a playground, saw our first parade, and I even actually got to read a book. Not to mention visits to the Dairy King (yes, I said King) and getting Leo to play Taboo (everytime he flips a card he goes "Oooo").

Well, I took a million and three pictures but I told Leo most of them might as well have been in our garage because they are just pictures of Beau...but that's ok. That's all anyone cares about anyway, right?

So here are my favorites from the week...






On one of our MANY walks. It is exhausting carrying a hefty bundle up and down a mountain a couple times a day. My hiney apples were sore.



Dad's new hat
Mom and Beau on the slide.
In the creek.

Learning how to rock-hop like a champ.



He loved the swings.


We are both wearing our Montreat shirts if you can't tell...



All this walking is hard work.


Forth of July Parade. Beau loved it. Especially the trucks and dogs.
The dam at Lake Susan
Lake Susan.
Assembly Inn

Beau in his OTHER Montreat shirt...I'm a little obsessed. This is in our front yard.
Beau and Lo.



No comments: